2 week or 3 week taper?

2 watchers
Feb 2017
10:45pm, 8 Feb 2017
3 posts
  •  
Weephee
I'm undecided about this. I'm not feeling as confident as I would like with my training this year. I've done 7 marathons in 3 years. This time last year I could mpleted Brighton in 3:45:37. Missed out on GFA by 27 seconds. Had good summer then just enjoyed plodding, eating and not running fast. Back on it now but undecided about my last long run. Ideally I could do with an extra 20 miler to make 3 in training.

I generally recover well and am fit and healthy. What do my fellow fetchies think? Answers on any. Postcard please xx

Thanks all.
Feb 2017
8:11pm, 11 Feb 2017
7,966 posts
  •  
Ness
Not reached the marathon running stage. Bouncing this back to page 1 to see if the marathoners can give you advice.

Good luck with your race btw.
Feb 2017
8:39pm, 11 Feb 2017
7,083 posts
  •  
becca7
Sorry, didn't see this originally. Since you have some experience of marathons a 2 week taper should be OK, as the training won't take so much out of you and you should benefit from an extra 20 miler. Indeed I would tend to do a 22 or 23 as a last long run. There is a sub 3:45 thread on here, although it is not the most active.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Weephee
I'm undecided about this. I'm not feeling as confident as I would like with my training this year....