The Spotify Thread

10 watchers
Mar 2019
12:15pm, 5 Mar 2019
4,421 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
It amuses me that my use of Spotify played from phone via my old hi-fi has coincided with buying a turntable and getting back into the old vinyl collection. A great combo of old and new. Never got rid of any vinyl (even the odd single I don't much like now) but don't seem to have kept any flexidiscs.

And on the original topic: Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) by The First Edition. Odd piece of late 60's druggy nonsense, much preferred the next track by Death in Vegas.
Mar 2019
7:38pm, 5 Mar 2019
278 posts
  •  
Paul N
Some times there's a man.....

https://youtu.be/dooSFIvLn-Y
Mar 2019
8:40pm, 5 Mar 2019
34,800 posts
  •  
Diogenes
This is worth watching for the social history

https://youtu.be/040VB06-s1k
Mar 2019
8:55pm, 5 Mar 2019
4,427 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
On of the best nights of my life was seeing Hamish Imlach at the Sligachan Hotel in Skye. Three mates and I were camped nearby and popped in for a pint. Seeing seats set up in an empty bar we grabbed the front row before asking who was playing. We were soon joined by what seemed like half the population of the island who packed in behind. Few arrived sober, I'm guessing none left that way as drink driving laws were not strongly enforced on islands in the mid 80s. A brilliant night of wit and music.
Apr 2019
6:43am, 1 Apr 2019
415 posts
  •  
Paul N
Golden oldie this week

https://youtu.be/V2nECCy8uEI
May 2020
8:59am, 14 May 2020
5,699 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Do the Strand by Roxy Music. That won't expand my musical horizons as I've had it on vinyl for about 35 years.
Feb 2023
5:15am, 5 Feb 2023
8 posts
  •  
Eater of hills
Dead Funny- Archie Bronson Outfit. Great tune. Haven't heard of them before. Good work Spotify algorithm.
Dec 2023
12:43pm, 1 Dec 2023
2,733 posts
  •  
Triplet Dad
Resurrecting this thread as the latest Spotify wrapped has been announced. My most listened to artists this year are

1. Loyle Carner
2. Nia Archives
3. The National
4. Mull Historical Society
5. The Murder Capital

It's definitely reflective of my listening habits although surprised that Grian Chatten isn't on there as I feel like he's all I've listened to recently.

I've managed to listen to 528 separate artists this year although I do have a habit of playing albums in full and letting the algorithms then choose similar artists which would account for the variety.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Go to Spotify

Go to Discover Weekly
Select shuffle play
What’s the first song that comes on?