The Andalucia Thread

2 watchers
Jul 2020
12:48pm, 23 Jul 2020
618 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
I'm looking at sierranevada.guide during the holiday but not sure how easy or not it'll be.

I think I'll pre-position in a hut 700m down from ridge (after walking 1400m up from Trevelez and over the other side) and then aim for a traverse in a day (around 50Km).

Has anyone done it? I've been visiting the region 1-2 times a year for the past 10 years. Normally hire a bike from here sierranevada.cc but want to hike too this time. I know of the GR-7, the Subida al cristo zapato and cerro del caballo (3011m).
Jul 2020
12:13pm, 25 Jul 2020
20,283 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Not, I bet, what most readers would be expecting from the title ;-) I came through them on the coach from Granada to Malaga, a very scenic trip and I'm sure they are worth a better look, although for me, not quite as you are intending!
Jul 2020
12:27pm, 25 Jul 2020
26,756 posts
  •  
Dave.O
I've only mountain biked around the area. Normally stop at Mecina Fondales with CicloMontana.

I guess a lot depends on your fitness, time of the year and the weather. Bearing in mind it's currently 28c at Trevélez and at altitude.
Jul 2020
3:33pm, 25 Jul 2020
19,010 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I love the Sierra Nevada. We walked there before the kids were born. Stayed in a nice place in Orgiva and swam in their (refreshingly cold) pool and explored the Pueblos Blancos. Walked up the side of Mulhacen from Capileira.

Would be great to go back one day. Either walking or MTB.
Jul 2020
5:49am, 26 Jul 2020
635 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Thanks. Well I thought if anyone wants to put anything to do with Southern Spain they can.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Totriornottotri
I'm looking at https://sierranevada.guide/traverse-of-the-sierra-nevada-3000m-peaks-los-tres-mi...