The Alchemist's Secret - June 2022 Book Group discussion thread

9 watchers
May 2022
8:19pm, 26 May 2022
51,421 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Young Ben Hope had been living in his C.O.'s cellar for five years when a strange hairy visitor appeared. 'I'm Sgt Haggerd,' the visitor said. 'Your C.O. has been keeping a secret from you all these years.'

'What is it?' Ben said, lip trembling.

'You always knew you were different, didn't you lad?'

'Yes,' Ben said, brightly.

'Well, lad, you're an elite member of the SAS.'

'I knew it,' Ben said before pistol-whipping Sgt Haggerd and waterboarding him in the kitchen sink.

'Oops,' Ben added. 'Force of habit. I live on the edge you know...'

Now read on... Ben Hope and The Alchemist's Secret
May 2022
9:09pm, 26 May 2022
135,856 posts
  •  
GregP
Top work McDL 😎
Jun 2022
3:34pm, 10 Jun 2022
51,459 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Cover me, I'm going in
Jun 2022
4:42pm, 10 Jun 2022
136,217 posts
  •  
GregP
I should start it over the weekend
Jun 2022
4:46pm, 10 Jun 2022
51,463 posts
  •  
McGoohan
In an exciting crossover with the Jason Isaacs thread - I've just met Professor Explainsworth.
Jun 2022
5:10pm, 10 Jun 2022
136,219 posts
  •  
GregP
A mate of Basil Exposition?
Jun 2022
6:05pm, 10 Jun 2022
51,465 posts
  •  
McGoohan
It is indeed him.

Not to be confused with the situation where the author:
- opens Novel.docx and navigates to our hero saying 'What do you mean exactly, Professor Explainsworth?'
- in another window opens Research.docx
- Ctrl-A
- Ctrl-C
- navigates back to Novel.docx
- Ctrl-V
- then types 'Thank you Professor, that was highly informative.'
Jun 2022
3:53pm, 14 Jun 2022
51,482 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Special Author Scott Mariani stood outside the home of the almost as brilliant author Dan Brown. 'I have to get that information somehow,' he needlessly said out loud to himself and the reader. 'But how?'

He was six feet of [Ctrl-V] with eyes of [Ctrl-V] and muscles that he hid well under his raincoat. His other bulges included the Walther PPK 28mm precision-tooled, 14-shooter repeating pistol gun which stuck out through his clothing like a [Ctrl-V]. Then there was the flask of 10 year aged bourbon which he kept in a monogrammed flask deep within his trousers and which had been a gift to him from his publisher in the days before his involvement with the Mafia not to mention Interpol and he suddenly lost track of where this sentence had started. Something about bulges.

'I know how,' he suddenly exclaimed with suddenness. With that he fell upon the bins outside Dan Brown's house. With great suddenness, one of the bin lids clattered to the ground with a sudden clatter.

'Who's there?' Dan Brown alerted by the sounds probably, said. 'I said who is there?' He added saidingly.

Dan Brown's torch light scampered over the be-rummaged bins like a light over some metal. But there was no-one and no thing to be seen.

In an alley, chuckling away to himself, the handsome Scott Mariani inspected his prize. A manuscript or as we proper honest writers call it, a MS, and on it were the words that were written there. It was wroted: "Da Vinci Code 2: the Pope's Revenge".

Handsome author Scott Mariani took another slug of bourbon then slid his handsome bottom into the fancy leather seats of his fancy sports car that was dead good and had all the good things. Then he drove off. Suddenly.
Jun 2022
5:18pm, 14 Jun 2022
70,601 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Jun 2022
8:20am, 15 Jun 2022
136,245 posts
  •  
GregP
There’s a bit I read last night that was significantly worse than McG’s splendid work. I fear I shall have to copy-type it. One moment.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
’C’est moi,’ said Ben. ’Vous avez l’argent?’
‘The money’s in here,’ the bald man replied in French.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 112,314 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here