rib injury - is it broken?

3 watchers
Mar 2015
5:45pm, 13 Mar 2015
24,302 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I ran Speyside Way Ultra (36 miles) with bruised ribs (I fell off a horse because I was "tapering" the night before! slowdownyoumovetoofast taper madness?!) It was very painful, but didn't actually stop me. The nasty cough is probably more debilitating. Like (Dr.) Hipps says, nothing to be done for broken or bruised ribs. I went in to get scanned after because I was convinced must be cracked, but was told just severe bruising. But nothing that could be done. Pain killers is it.

Hope you get the cough sorted soonest Stumps. Poor you. :-( G
Mar 2015
8:58am, 16 Mar 2015
707 posts
  •  
Littlefoot
My friend told me that you should consult your GP about this. How are the ribs and the cough now?
Mar 2015
9:46am, 16 Mar 2015
15,131 posts
  •  
Stumpy
thanks.

ribs still painful. I went to the walk in centre on saturday and was thoroughly examined. she said there's no sign of infection currently, but gave me breathing exercises to make sure i breathe deeply every hour or so. and also said 'take the max recommended dose of painkillers. you need to stay on top of the pain to breathe properly and prevent infection'

so painkillers are helping, which makes coughing easier. told to go straight back to the GP if anything changes or worsens. I thought yesterday that it was improving, but then woke up this morning and realised it was the painkillers as they'd worn off overnight! but that's ok. shows they help.

thank you xxxx
D2
Mar 2015
10:04am, 16 Mar 2015
6,188 posts
  •  
D2
Its good to hear there is no infection, take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Stumpy
OK, so I've had the cold/cough/bug from hell for WEEKS now. violent coughing, to the point of vom...