Nesting Seagulls!

1 watcher
Jul 2013
11:54am, 14 Jul 2013
213 posts
  •  
icelandic trigirl
Help! Just moved to Scotland on Tuesday and have already twice been bombed by nesting seagulls. I know they have chicks just now but they are savage. They seem to leave me if I walk very slowly but I don't want to keep stopping in the middle of a training run. Any tips?

I also had the disgust of running through a swarm of hideous flies, dozens of whom I later peeled off my cap, glasses and shirt. Ew. Any suggestions (apart from keeping one's mouth closed)?
Jul 2013
5:43pm, 14 Jul 2013
598 posts
  •  
old mum
Phone your local council re the gulls. Most councils in Scotland are militant about culling gulls because they're such a bloody nuisance with the aggression, shitting everywhere and general vermin behaviour.

Nowt you can do about the bugs, they're a global thing, not just Scottish.
Jul 2013
6:20pm, 14 Jul 2013
215 posts
  •  
icelandic trigirl
They won't do anything :( They are sodding protected but in Elgin they are massive and seriously aggressive.
Jul 2013
6:28pm, 14 Jul 2013
601 posts
  •  
old mum
I would suggest making friends with someone who's in to falconry, then invite them and the bird round for dinner.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Help! Just moved to Scotland on Tuesday and have already twice been bombed by nesting seagulls. I kn...