Injured Right Calf, Need Advice

6 watchers
May 2012
2:26pm, 1 May 2012
11,440 posts
  •  
McNewbie
Thanks everyone for the advice so far, special thanks for the quick response, cabletow :) Jay-Z's physio says the issue is muscular and isn't ruling him out of the marathon in 4 weeks. He's been given exercises to do twice daily, and is venturing to the gym today to test out the leg, will ask how that goes.
May 2012
2:31pm, 1 May 2012
181 posts
  •  
still running
On a positive note, and I guess it depends just how bad Jay-Z's muscular injury is....but I ran a marathon 2.5 weeks after a problem with my soleus muscle. Went to the gym in that time to maintain fitness, but it was a happy ending for me on that occasion, fingers crossed it will be for Jay-Z too :-)
May 2012
2:32pm, 1 May 2012
182 posts
  •  
still running
oops sorry meant to say - happened 4 weeks before mara and took 2.5 weeks off. Bit of the old-timers there I'm afraid.....
May 2012
2:35pm, 1 May 2012
11,442 posts
  •  
McNewbie
Jay-Z will be uplifted to hear that, still running, thanks! My current marathon pace is massively slower than his, so that is an option for him, to run-walk it nice and easy for him, and targeting an autumn marathon for a PB attempt.
May 2012
5:51pm, 1 May 2012
2 posts
  •  
Jay-Z
Thanks for the great responses/advice cabletow, stillrunning, SharonD, HalfEmpty, T39, jennywren and of course McNewbie. I really appreciate it. Just got back from the gym and got no reaction from the leg so looking hopeful at the moment.
May 2012
7:32pm, 1 May 2012
3,020 posts
  •  
SharonD
;-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by The Rock
Hi, I'm looking for advice from fellow fetchies re: a long term injury. My right calf has been a pa...