Hoka One One Stockport 10 Mile Race

14 watchers
Dec 2016
12:23pm, 5 Dec 2016
1,416 posts
  •  
larkim
4 DQs now showing for headphone wearing. Good quick action from the organisers there (especially as it is the Northern Athletics champs, they've got to be seen to be enforcing these rules).
Dec 2016
2:14pm, 5 Dec 2016
2,499 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
Very enjoyable race as ever.

Agree though it seemed a little more serious this year. Definitely wasn't publicised as heavily as previous years.
Dec 2016
5:28pm, 5 Dec 2016
192 posts
  •  
twinny
Oh my word, just found this thread!! Gutted! I hunted high and low for Fetchies at the start, but no joy! Met XB at the end though- which was nice! It was so busy! Loved this race this year! Last time I ran it was 4 years ago and I did 1 hour 30 something. This year it was 1:22:02! Chuffed to bits! Though those couple of seconds are annoying me today! :) :) Sorry to have missed you all!!
Dec 2016
5:42pm, 5 Dec 2016
13,927 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
It was an excellent race still. Weather was just about perfect, a bit of a stiff breeze at the end. very nice to see AL, but missed monseb1 and XB, which is a bit of a sham However, I felt is was better for me, I had quite a few people to say hello too, including Dennis the Menace and most of Marple Runners (that's the club I help out with).

Tom Potson is a bit of a miss, but he's off doing a charity pub quiz series of events and looks pretty tied up with that, and he's done a few STK10s now.

As for it being more serious, perhaps, it's a petty big race, and a very good test, and I ran pretty well, wasn't expecting it but I think I set off a little cautiously, which always helps.....
Dec 2016
5:43pm, 5 Dec 2016
13,928 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
8 mins better, well done.....:-)
Dec 2016
5:59pm, 5 Dec 2016
1,775 posts
  •  
monsenb1
Twinny, I was standing next to Autumn Leaves before the start and we spotted you in your anniversary vest..but your were running around looking quite busy warming up so didn't disturb..good thing too by the looks of it! Well done on your PB.

Hey Wriggling Snake, I'm thinking about defecting from Bramhall to Marple :) I just can't get to Bramhall training sessions in time.. is it possible to come and run with you guys on a Wednesday?
Dec 2016
6:34pm, 5 Dec 2016
4,015 posts
  •  
XmasB
I'm sure I heard John Potson as I crossed the line. Well done on the PB Twinny.
Dec 2016
6:48pm, 5 Dec 2016
9,807 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I spotted lots of your Marple runners WS - nice supportive bunch :)
Dec 2016
8:12am, 6 Dec 2016
13,930 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
They are a very good bunch of people. They also have 4 or 5 very good runners, they had a couple come in at 64/65 minutes, two of their fastest people ran in the Manchester XC on Saturday (One of them was Dennis the Menace :-)).

In the main though they run because they enjoy it and work pretty well in their groups.

Monsenb1, yes come along on Wednesday, Railway Pub Marple, we usually set off about 7, so get there 10 minutes before that, they explain the routes etc. I have one of the groups on Wednesday, Hill efforts! Not sure that will go down well after Sunday so I'll take it easy on people :-).
Dec 2016
2:46pm, 6 Dec 2016
1,777 posts
  •  
monsenb1
Nice pics here too!

flickr.com

flickr.com

flickr.com

flickr.com

flickr.com

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
Who is going? Well I know already, I Looked at the race details, what I mean is, who is getting well...