garmin forerunner

1 watcher
Jun 2013
1:42pm, 4 Jun 2013
890 posts
  •  
Dirk
thanks guys - just to say it has been excellent until now so would recommend in spite of this problem.
Jun 2013
3:03pm, 4 Jun 2013
891 posts
  •  
Dirk
Well - have rung Garmin - tried the 'hard restart' without success....was told that sometimes it just happens that the batteries die. :-( It should last around 3-4 year I'm told but this one is only 14 months old (so just out of warranty) :-(

But they will replace it for a fee of £44 ( a new one is currently around £110) - so I guess I am getting a new watch for less than half price. Hope this one lasts longer though.....
Jun 2013
3:27pm, 4 Jun 2013
23,487 posts
  •  
Old Croc
try the hard and resets a couple of times first. Also - can you get a loan of a charger? Someone at club had a similar not charging problem - turned out it was a faulty charger
Jun 2013
3:53pm, 4 Jun 2013
892 posts
  •  
Dirk
Would you F*CKING believe it - IT'S WORKED THIS TIME :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

.....yes I'm a bit happy.......

:-)

Thanks all
Jun 2013
4:06pm, 4 Jun 2013
1,005 posts
  •  
monsenb1
Yay!
Jun 2013
5:03pm, 4 Jun 2013
895 posts
  •  
Dirk
Yay indeed!!!!!!!!
Jul 2013
10:44pm, 17 Jul 2013
33 posts
  •  
barryparker
All,

Just a quick note on Garmin 610 for any users.

I've had my 610 for about 16 months. Last few months the back started to corrode and a blue residue was being left on my wrist. It finally came to a head about 2 months ago when it was actually starting to cut my wrist as it was so rough where it had corroded.

Anyway, I got in touch with Garmin even though it was out of warranty to see what they said.

Responses were slow coming back (about 10 days for each email response) however they actually agreed to replace it free of charge with a refurbished one without any pushback. Refurbished one basically means an unwanted returned one as it is brand new as far as I can work out.

I've now got my new one and I can see they have changed the back on this updated model and the back is now a combination of metal and plastic - which not only looks like it should solve this problem but also has the advantage of making it lighter.

Thought I'd post it on here in case anyone else is having similar issues to let you know to get in touch with Garmin!

Baz
Jul 2013
11:46pm, 17 Jul 2013
19 posts
  •  
grammcen
I have been having problems with mine, its not talking to the laptop and also taking an age to find its location, to add to the problems the casing broke so the strap has nothing to hold on to. I emailed Garmin who have told me to send the watch back and for a charge of £58 they will either fix the problems or send me a new 305 or a like for like watch if they can not fix it.

I have had the watch for 5 years without problems and put it down to wear and tear, the girl on the phone said if they cann't fix it they still want to look at other aspects of the watch as something was going correct up to a few weeks ago.

In regards to the communicator, I got a loan of another 305 from my club, and thats not talking either, tried another docking hub and nothing.

Downloaded the latest and its still not doing anything, anyone got any thoughts?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dirk
my garmin forerunner 110 died last night without any warning. its a year old. i have tried rechargin...