Fridge Freezers

3 watchers
Jun 2019
4:53am, 15 Jun 2019
4,301 posts
  •  
quimby
On the big enough scale, ours is a foot away from the ceiling. It is about 60/40 fridge/freezer. I would change it to 40/60 fridge/freezer if I could.
Jun 2019
4:56am, 15 Jun 2019
4,302 posts
  •  
quimby
Just had a look on the Currys web site. There are fridge/freezers for nearly £3000. :-O
Jun 2019
9:46am, 15 Jun 2019
428 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
You can buy wine fridges for an exorbitant sum, more than I suspect I will ever spend on wine!
Jun 2019
9:51am, 15 Jun 2019
37,573 posts
  •  
Diogenes
We have an LG fridge freezer we’ve had for 12 years now. It’s lasted well (fingers crossed)
Jun 2019
11:36am, 15 Jun 2019
20,621 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Stand alone, Frost free and as big a freezer as possible!
We have a Hotpoint ff, my only complaint is the shelf/drawer fronts go brittle very quickly in the freezer and crack :-(. 8.5yrs and never needed defrosting.
Jun 2019
1:04pm, 15 Jun 2019
12,806 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I'd add avoiding the ones where instead of a drawer system inside the door you open drawers - well the Hotpoint Quadrio version anyway. We had 3 - the first two replaced under guarantee because they were so crap! the third staggered on for about 6 years - but needed defrosting all the time.
avoid >
google.com

The new one is a Samsung - not had it long enough to judge reliability, but "which" were recommending Samsung last time I checked.
Jun 2019
10:06pm, 15 Jun 2019
429 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
The never needing de-frosting is appealing. I think I do ours at least 3 times a year, and it usually needs doing a while before I actually get around to it!

Our freezer is definitely too small. I think the fridge is about right, but seems too small because the freezer isn't big enough, so things live in the fridge instead of the freezer. OH suspects that even with a bigger freezer, the fridge would be too small.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jenelopy
After getting some great dishwasher advice on The Dishwasher Club Thread (and developing a fear of h...