Clipless pedals

5 watchers
Jun 2011
4:03pm, 27 Jun 2011
165 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
I've always wondered about the Speedplay pedals. As nice as they look, are they not an arse to keep clear and move in if you have to do anything other than get propped on your bike and lifted off at the end!
Jun 2011
4:33pm, 27 Jun 2011
8,709 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
After yesterday I would suggest that even if you have a preferred foot to unclip with, you practice stopping and starting with the *other* foot unclipped from time to time. I had a slight cleat issue yesterday which meant that I couldn't unclip one foot and it felt very wobbly doing it with the other one!
Jun 2011
4:41pm, 27 Jun 2011
166 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
You'll have to practice your track stands young lady! :p
Jun 2011
4:54pm, 27 Jun 2011
8,710 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
:p

I went to Evans at lunchtime so as long as I have time to do a bit of fiddling tonight all should be sorted for my commute tomorrow :) Although it's a little annoying as I'd only just got the cleat in exactly the right position...
Jun 2011
5:00pm, 27 Jun 2011
167 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
Do your shoes not have any sort of scale/marking on the bottom? If not maybe next time it seems in the right place try using some permenant marker or similar to indicate the corner positions.
Jun 2011
5:10pm, 27 Jun 2011
42,834 posts
  •  
Gobi
MM - I ride my bike and they feel good, not sure what else matters :¬)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shin-Twigs
Hi,
any tips for use of these? I've just got my first clipless pedals and shoes.
I've only fall...