Cape Town, South Africa, have you been? Any hints or tips?

2 watchers
Jun 2022
3:41pm, 8 Jun 2022
1,979 posts
  •  
Ally-C
If you’re going up Table Mountain be prepared. The weather can be very different from below. Apparently it has its own micro climate & there’s an amazing diversity of flora & fauna up there.
Jun 2022
4:13pm, 8 Jun 2022
33,949 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Robben Island. Yes. The name just wouldn't pop into my head.
Jun 2022
5:16pm, 8 Jun 2022
2,119 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
We made up our own tour of the Garden route. Picked up a hire car from the airport and had 10 days driving along the coast. Then last 4 days in Cape Town before we flew home. CT is an amazing city. Beaches and mountains. Definitely do table top. We caught the cable car up.. and walked for ages on the top of the mountain. Crowds around the cable car station, but almost empty for the rest of the hike. I’d do that again rather than hike up. We went 2006
Jun 2022
6:16pm, 8 Jun 2022
18,183 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
It's a long time since we went but, the penguins are fun but they pop into many beaches along the way not just Boulders. Table Mountain is well worth it, the aquarium at Cape Town was great too. Great walking in Olifantsbos Beach (bit of a drive but special). Beware the baboons!
Jun 2022
8:57pm, 8 Jun 2022
27,449 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Many times. Robben Island is a must. Also Camps Bay, Simons Town and Cape Point.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by lammo
Thanks for dropping by :-)

I think we're going to South Africa next Easter for a wedding, but we'll have about 10 days to entertain ourselves (me, mrs lammo, mstr lammo 11, ms lammo 8), any suggestions?

Also, where should we be staying, or not staying? Should i be concerned about security?

Any other tips or insights greatly appreciated.

Thanks