Arch Blisters

3 watchers
26 Apr
4:46pm, 26 Apr 2024
49,912 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'd def +1 to Paulc's point about "no one method", but a range of things to try and find for yourself what works.

I've seen people post about Injini socks, which I never got on with, double layer socks, again, didn't like those, a club mate used to tape his feet up completely with micro pore or even waterproof like duct tape stuff. Anything "extra" like that was just a risk of rucking up and causing a hot spot for me.

I've seen folk taking shoes and socks off and on a lot, which makes sense for foot wellness, but one of the slowest kit changes you can do in a race.

Not sure why, but lube all over and esp round toes, snug fitting but nice thick, cushioned socks, well fitting shoes with lots of room but which didn't slide around on my foot, all that worked well for me. I had blisters by the end of 100 miles, but not ones that were any worse than the rest of my battered person and not ones that stopped, still running (sort of!) by the end of 100 miles. :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mr Potato Head
Hi all,

Blister boy is back again for more blister based questions.

Training for an ultra currently once I get past her 21km mark I start to get blisters on the inside arch of each foot, toward the front.

Any thoughts? Im flat footed with fat, Frodo feet and currently running in New Balance Fresh Foam 860 V13

Im compeeding before I run now to prevent but was wondering if anyone else had any advise.

Thanks