lost some skin on soles!

1 watcher
Jun 2012
8:11pm, 22 Jun 2012
118 posts
  •  
leekjo
I forgot to take socks to tuesdays race so ran in my brilliant x-talons but with no socks. The result was a patch of skinless ozzing yuck on both feet (and a bottle of champane but thats gone already!) tried to race last night in plasters socks and talons, but hobbled. Still ozzing but would like to race tomorrow.
Any suggestions?
Jun 2012
8:21pm, 22 Jun 2012
7,520 posts
  •  
HowFar?
I suffered from a similar problem after the hill race at Tour of Tameside. I still had 3 races to get through that week. St. John's Ambulance put a pad of something over the blister and then taped it up. It wasn't comfortable but it didn't get much worse over the last three races.
Jun 2012
8:59pm, 22 Jun 2012
119 posts
  •  
leekjo
Thanks, might get some tape out..... although I'm struggleing to walk round the house now :(
Jun 2012
9:24pm, 22 Jun 2012
7,521 posts
  •  
HowFar?
I should say that if it hadn't been half way through the Tour, I certainly wouldn't have considered trying to run on it - never mind race. The rest of the week was a fairly horrid experience.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by leekjo
I forgot to take socks to tuesdays race so ran in my brilliant x-talons but with no socks. The resul...