A question about mobile phones - tech help required pls

2 watchers
Aug 2023
11:16am, 25 Aug 2023
8,167 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
I’m on Smarty but I’ve never had issues. Mind you, I rarely make phone calls to businesses.
Aug 2023
12:34pm, 25 Aug 2023
9,970 posts
  •  
GordonG
That's the thing, Fizz. It took me a while to twig what the problem was because of how rarely I phoned business. Though I don't suppose it's an issue with all Smarty customers because otherwise I'm sure there'd be more publicity about it
Aug 2023
1:00am, 27 Aug 2023
109,275 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I have a problem like that, but only calling one particular friend. And only when she is at home, on a re-inforced network that runs their wifi. She thinks it is me. I am sure it is their troubled network...
5 Feb
11:56am, 5 Feb 2024
8,659 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
I’ve just made a phone call to a business landline, from smarty and had the exact same issue as GordonG. As I was trying to relay a list of items, it was somewhat frustrating for the guy on the other end. He ended up calling me back and it was a perfect line.
5 Feb
12:03pm, 5 Feb 2024
10,214 posts
  •  
GordonG
sorry to hear that Fizz. I'm not aware that there's anything a user can do about it, though. Even though it was only an occasional issue for me (in terms of rarely having to phone that type of number, though it did happen every single time) I ended up changing my provider. it was just too frustrating to have to cope with.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GordonG
Hi all. I’ve got a Samsung A12 (Android) mobile phone. It’s about 3 – 4 years old, which is probably ancient these days. But it’s in very good overall condition.

My provider is ‘Smarty’, who use the 3 network.

I’ve noticed lately that people I’m calling can’t hear me – they say that my phone keeps cutting in and out. I’m having to repeat myself literally ten or more times (usually til I hang up in frustration). Each time I wander around the house, even go into the...