Phones

5 watchers
Sep 2020
7:33pm, 7 Sep 2020
14,302 posts
  •  
richmac
Depending on what you want to spend I really like my Cat S41.

Scratch proof glass, water/sweatproof. Basically Me proof which is difficult to get ;-)

Camera is ok ish loads of storage

Dual sim as well, whatever that means

About £300
Sep 2020
9:26pm, 10 Sep 2020
43,793 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
My phone arrived today and the one thing I can’t do ( there is probably lots of things I can’t figure out ) is get my own ring tone onto it :-(
Sep 2020
9:41pm, 10 Sep 2020
46,286 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I'd quite like to get a new phone too. I like Motorola but am a bit wary as they are now a Chinese phone when originally they were American. They win on price though, maybe I should just suck up and go with it. I am a bit of a technophobe though and don't really need the actual phone part of it much. ;-)
Sep 2020
5:19pm, 12 Sep 2020
43,826 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Can’t work out if it’s the newness of the phone but it keeps updating stuff and asking me restart the phone - it’s really getting on my nerves :-(
Nov 2020
7:51pm, 23 Nov 2020
46,202 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Just discovered my Motorola G7 doesn’t have voicemail and when I dial 1571 it says it’s a technical fault. If I go on YouTube to see how to set one up it tells me to contact my carrier....does that mean BT in my case as that’s who my sim deal is with?

TiA
Dec 2020
2:59pm, 9 Dec 2020
12,949 posts
  •  
❄larkim❄
LG - it's not the phone that has the voicemail, its the service provider. I'd bet my child's life on the Moto G7 being able to handle voicemail. Presume you've got this sorted via BT Mobile by now though.

Question for those with teenagers etc - my son has some learning disabilities, but is perfectly adept at using his mobile, and gets a great amount of joy from it; from music, youtube, strava (!), gaming, no doubt some less salubrious activities given his age etc.

What he's not good at is managing his data as he's impetuous. So in some months his 2Gb allowance will last him all month, in other months he's burned through it in days.

I'd like to be able to make sure that he always has some left and usable without him having to intervene so that (for example) we can use Whatsapp to contact him, or follow his movements via Garmin's activity tracking when he's out running.

The data management apps that I've generally seen focus on warning the user when they are close to their limit, but don't seem to offer a way of keeping a buffer which can only be used for certain apps only, whilst allowing him to frivilously use most of his data as he sees fit.

Anyone seen an app that does this sort of thing?
Oct 2021
12:19pm, 3 Oct 2021
55,068 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Bump

My Motorola is just over a year old and I’m having problems with phone calls.. I can hear people when they phone or I phone them but they can’t hear me. Tried the online chat with someone but after about 2 Q&A’s they wanted £5 to continue so I gave up.

Any technical Fetchies able to offer a solution - thanks

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lip Gloss
I have always had contract phones but am now sim only so looking just to buy a phone.
I just use m...