More Mile Cheviot trail shoes

1 watcher
Jul 2013
10:24pm, 10 Jul 2013
7,071 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Are there any Fetchies who wear the More Mile Cheviot 2 Trail Lady Running Shoes? Both my pairs of trail shoes have given up the ghost, but I can't afford spending too much on new shoes at the moment, and these seem reasonably priced. I wouldn't have a chance to try them on before ordering online though, hence this post. http://www.startfitness.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=3913,4098&CAT_ID=4105&P_ID=51539

I used to wear the Adidas Kanadia 2 as a kind of 'hybrid' shoes for trails that also involved tarmac, and am looking to replace these first. However, I can only find their new model (Kanadia 5) in my size, which don't seem to fit my feet at all. I have fairly wide and 'square' feet, but normal/narrow ankles.

Does anyone know how wide/narrow these More Mile shoes are? Is the sizing comparable to most other makes or should I go a size up (like in the Kanadias)? Lastly, how do they fare both in the hills and on tarmac?

Thanks! :-)
Jul 2013
11:18am, 11 Jul 2013
7,072 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Anyone?
Jul 2013
12:02pm, 11 Jul 2013
5,596 posts
  •  
flip
I use the mens cheviot 2 trail shoe sometimes. it's very comfortable and has possibly the best grip of any trail /fell shoe out there . for that reason I tend only to use it in mudfest conditions or snow. they were brilliant this winter. that said , it may be a tad to aggressive for summer trails but I wouldn't say that for sure .size wise it's the same as my mizuno.

I quite like the look of the new Kannadia. for drier summer trails , pity it doesn't suit you . sorry can't be of more help.
Jul 2013
1:49pm, 11 Jul 2013
7,073 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Thanks, Flip! Very helpful. :-)

I tend to wear road shoes for summer trails anyway, so more grip would be fine (since I'd mostly use them in the hills) - as long as it didn't pose a problem on tarmac. I had trail shoes before which were fab off-road, but turned me into bambi on ice as soon as I hit wet tarmac - what are your experiences with the Cheviot 2 re wet tarmac?

If you go for the new Kanadias, make sure to try them on first - I found that the shape of the women's version was completely different to the older model I used to wear.
Jul 2013
1:59pm, 11 Jul 2013
1,826 posts
  •  
CStar
I've got the Men's Cheviots too. Huge value for money and brilliant in real mud. Would n't want to do very far on tarmac in them though.
Ideal for a shoe you probably only need occasionally unless you do lots of off road/XC
Jul 2013
2:38pm, 11 Jul 2013
5,597 posts
  •  
flip
I think any shoe with decent grip will have a problem on tarmac or at least wear them down fast. With all shoes on terrain with a varity of surfaces its always goint ot be a bit of a compromise

Btw i wore those cheviot 2's from the bridge of Ochy onward in the WHW.
Jul 2013
2:48pm, 11 Jul 2013
12,885 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
Lots of Kanadia TR4 around still. Good deals available. Keep looking...
Jul 2013
5:56pm, 11 Jul 2013
7,074 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Thank you all!

CStar, my off-road runs tend to be rather long these days...

Flip, but then you're the man who ran a marathon in Aldi shoes with no problems. :-)

DD, I've been looking for a while and couldn't find any in my size. Seen a pair in a shop today - but they were 70 Euros! :-o
Jul 2013
6:50pm, 12 Jul 2013
7,079 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
10% off Start Fitness code (Most of the time, they only seem to do 5% these days.), ordering tonight. :-)
Aug 2013
12:46pm, 4 Aug 2013
7,137 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Some feedback in case anyone else is considering them: for various reasons, I only took them out for the first time yesterday. Didn't get on with them at all - they rubbed against my heel pretty badly and even though I had only done 6.5 miles, a huge piece of skin came off from underneath my foot (not the heel they've been rubbing against) when taking my socks off. Grip was fantastic though, better than I've had in any other shoes. Not sure yet whether to toughen it out and hope that my feet will get used to them or to give them away.

Just goes to show that everybody's feet are different - thanks again for sharing your experiences, Flip and CStar. :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by SpicedApple
Are there any Fetchies who wear the More Mile Cheviot 2 Trail Lady Running Shoes? Both my pairs of t...