Would you?

1 watcher
Jun 2013
8:49am, 2 Jun 2013
1,199 posts
  •  
wiener dog
I had a cyst cut out from the bursa in my knee on Wed. The cut is pretty small & was checked on Fri by the nurse who said there was no infection & it was healing ok. I was told by the Doctor who removed it that it was ok to run if I felt ok. It is only sore today when I press on it & there is a bit of bruising but I can bend my knee ok now & the stitches are not on the bend they are sort of on the actual knee cap. Would it be a relly bad idea to try a run today? Has anyone run with stitches on the knee & been ok with it?
Jun 2013
8:51am, 2 Jun 2013
10,379 posts
  •  
Ultracat
I would leave it another couple of days, you could just walk instead.
Jun 2013
8:55am, 2 Jun 2013
1,838 posts
  •  
rosehip
I'd leave it too - it would be too easy to fall an burst the stitches

but if it's as nice where you are as it is here I can see why you're tempted!
Jun 2013
8:56am, 2 Jun 2013
14,962 posts
  •  
Stumpy
If you are asking the question, you probably know the sensible answer.... Another vote for leaving it a couple of days....
Jun 2013
8:57am, 2 Jun 2013
1,200 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Ok thanks everyone.
Jun 2013
9:00am, 2 Jun 2013
95 posts
  •  
mick173
I recently had some stitches in my forearm and was advised not to run/cycle for two weeks which eventually turned into three as the first time I rode my bike after 2.5 weeks the cut started to bleed a little, but after another couple of days it was fine.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I had a cyst cut out from the bursa in my knee on Wed. The cut is pretty small & was checked on Fri ...