Welcome new fetchies! Come and say Hullo :)

45 watchers
26 Feb
10:40am, 26 Feb 2024
7,346 posts
  •  
Oscar the Grouch
I agree. A *lot* slower.
26 Feb
11:58am, 26 Feb 2024
25,620 posts
  •  
Sigh
Page rendering is slower (it's displayed in the text at the bottom of each page)
26 Feb
12:00pm, 26 Feb 2024
25,621 posts
  •  
Sigh
That one was fine - 0.02s - but yesterday I saw 0.34s, which is still quick, but not when you're used to it being quicker. It's not been a barrier to site usage, though.
26 Feb
12:09pm, 26 Feb 2024
3,398 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
I looked at that too Sigh, but i saw that page rendering kinda was ok, but the site was not ready and just a white page for a long time.

And a few times last weeks i see people double posting on activities due to the slow response. Or so i believe anyway.
26 Feb
12:45pm, 26 Feb 2024
30,194 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Ironic that we're having this discussion on the 'Welcome new Fetchies' thread :-) Over the last few weeks, we've had quite a few new users arrive on the site, bringing with them large ZIP files full of training histories. I think it's possible that the background importing of this data is having an impact on the server. I've noticed a sluggishness when browsing the site on my phone, but not really at all when on desktop.

I've done some things to try to alleviate this e.g. by scheduling the importing for times when the server is not as busy; and by trying to streamline the import process. Some of you have mentioned the 'render time' at the bottom of the page. Typically when I've hit a slow page, the render time has looked fine (mostly <1s). This render time represents the time when the script that builds the page starts running, to the point at which it spits it out ready to be served up to you. So I'm wondering whether there's something before or after that part of the process that is causing a bottleneck. I'll get in touch with the server company too, to see if they can spot anything.
26 Feb
12:59pm, 26 Feb 2024
3,399 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
This thread seems to be about all things regarding the site, couldn't find another thread to post in. :)
But thanks for looking in to it!
26 Feb
1:01pm, 26 Feb 2024
25,622 posts
  •  
Sigh
TBH Fetch, I assumed it was my ISP being slow... although I'm currently getting a download speed of 494.66MBPS, so not today :-)
26 Feb
1:04pm, 26 Feb 2024
3,400 posts
  •  
Bowman πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ
I must say, it's not a big deal, it's not a big problem :)
I just thought it has been a big change from before and thought i would mention it. :)
26 Feb
1:11pm, 26 Feb 2024
30,196 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've started a new thread to monitor slow pages, so that this thread can go back to welcoming new users :-) Here's the slow page thread:

fetcheveryone.com/forum/slow-pages-62960
9 Mar
1:59pm, 9 Mar 2024
31,425 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Thought I'd bump this thread up and say hello to any TeaandTrails listeners who may have popped in for a look around :)

If that's you, do stay and chat

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MsG
A place to say hi, meet up and ask for tips :)