Welcome new fetchies! Come and say Hullo :)

45 watchers
MsG
May 2020
12:07am, 21 May 2020
1,575 posts
  •  
MsG
Mr Fetch mentioned there's been an influx of new joiners recently so I thought it might be useful to start a thread to say hi 😀

I joined in 2013 as a fairly new runner, after one of the beginner's running group leader suggested it. There was lots of information which I found a little overwhelming at first - the forums and games kept me coming back until I was hooked. Since then I've run a marathon and cycled all over the place because on this site I was inspired by seeing people like me being able to do this.

So welcome, grab a cake from the Baking thread, check out your stats in your training log, how your Who Squares wins game is going, explore conquercise zones and let off steam in things you want to say but can't. 🙋🏻‍♀️
MsG
May 2020
8:56am, 21 May 2020
1,576 posts
  •  
MsG
Probably not such a good idea to start this thread at midnight and then fall asleep!

Morning newbies!
May 2020
8:59am, 21 May 2020
11,531 posts
  •  
Ness
Nice thread! I'm not a newbie. Been around forever! Just popping in to say hello and welcome to any newcomers. :)
May 2020
9:00am, 21 May 2020
31,320 posts
  •  
Old Croc
Weclome to all the newbies
May 2020
9:10am, 21 May 2020
414 posts
  •  
Rrunner
Welcome to Fetchworld!
May 2020
1:27pm, 21 May 2020
33,820 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Welcome to fetch and enjoy your stay
May 2020
1:45pm, 21 May 2020
34,863 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
*waves* Hi to any new arrivals. Ask away if you want any advice on what to try first in the site or just for a natter. :-) G
May 2020
4:55pm, 21 May 2020
13 posts
  •  
TheBeardRunner (aka Abul Choudhury
A newbie here though I did join a while ago. Have already asked this elsewhere but where would you start on using fetcheveryone?
May 2020
4:58pm, 21 May 2020
46,646 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I started with the training log but it looks as if you're already familiar with that, TheBeardRunner :)
MsG
May 2020
5:11pm, 21 May 2020
1,579 posts
  •  
MsG
Hi, second the training log, set your training goals for the year - it's a tracker so you can see your progress.

Have a look at the games section - they work by using the GPS recorded on run/bike/walk activities. Conquercise is about exploring, Who Squares Wins is kind of like battleships, Hide and Seek is a new game being tried out.

There are forum threads for loads of different things, so people targeting certain times on 5k/10k/marathon discuss training and support each other. Another training related type of thread is the mileage (or kilometre-age!) so there are threads for people with a target to run 700 miles in 2020 for example - you might need to search back a few pages.

Sub-3 hour marathon is at the bottom of page 1 currently.

The busiest threads tend to be non-training related. E.g. things you want to say but can't is sometimes amusing to read. Dip into a few, start watching them to get a feel for what's going on.

Blogs! They appear on the main blog feed, you can choose to follow people by favoriting them. It's only the last 3ish days appear on the main feed so you can catch up by checking out your favs.

About This Thread

Maintained by MsG
A place to say hi, meet up and ask for tips :)