Weather watchers

6 watchers
30 Jan
12:37pm, 30 Jan 2023
3,179 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
Depends on what you want. If you're interested primarily in windspeed then you might be better getting a standalone annenometer. Shel's a geek and likes to record things.
30 Jan
12:42pm, 30 Jan 2023
45,420 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I need windspeed and direction, I'd like to be able to download it. Don't care if it's only stored on the device and I have to manually download it. Doesn't need the whole wifi connection stuff, that would just make it easier.

The technology to do a 3 cup anemometer and a wind vane can't be that hard, surely? It doesn't have to be military standard, just within 1/8th sort of direction accuracy e.g. N, NE, E, SE, E etc. and within 10% or 1 m/s strength. So I wouldn't care if it said 4 m/s when it's 3 m/s, but I would care if it said 6 m/s! Anyhoo, I'll keep looking.

Cheers, :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Welshpoppy
Sadly my laptop had a hissy fit refreshed lots all my favorites and passwords etc and someone gave me a great weather site for wind speed etc it really is a good site but for the life of me I can not remember the site or who suggested it.
help please:-)