Trail Running shoes, advice needed please

1 watcher
Jan 2017
1:47pm, 23 Jan 2017
3 posts
  •  
Tat26.2
Hi. As I actually have got into Man V Horse I'm looking now to buy some decent trail running shoes. I have a pair of NB currently used once for an experiment run but on concrete these are extremely slippy, however New Balance do fit me best. Does anyone have any recommendations on trail shoes, only ever had to buy road shoes before so I'm a total novice. The race does start on road so need grip for all terrain, looking between £40 - £80 approx.

Thanks

Richard
Jan 2017
2:04pm, 23 Jan 2017
10,151 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
If you like New Balance I have some of their 610 which are great - pretty good grip, nice fit and wearable on road as well as there a little bit of cushioning.
Jan 2017
7:53pm, 23 Jan 2017
2,030 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I've got the NB 910v2, done about 400 miles in them, and really like them. There's a v3 out now and looks pretty identical.

I'd call it a medium trail show in term of ruggedness. If you want a more rugged sole and a bit less cushioning look at the Vazee Summit Trail. Or if you want more like a road show with just a little extra ruggedness, then I'd look at the Fresh Foam Gobi or Fresh Foam Hierro.

There's also the Leadville which is designed as an ultra shoe for high mileage offroad.

All depends on how much you plan to do off road, and what the underfoot conditions will be like, ie well groomed paths trails, or rough, stony, etc

You can see all these and more at the bottom of here newbalance.co.uk
Jan 2017
8:50pm, 23 Jan 2017
5,967 posts
  •  
The_Saint
Inov8 Roclite 280 £60 from Pete Bland, I use them more than any other shoe right now
peteblandsports.co.uk
Jan 2017
9:02pm, 23 Jan 2017
4 posts
  •  
Tat26.2
Thanks for all your comments guys. You lot are great. Will stick with new balance as always a brand I trust and fit perfectly. Have tried others such as brooks but just didn't feel right. Thanks again.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tat26.2
Hi. As I actually have got into Man V Horse I'm looking now to buy some decent trail running shoes....