Torn Quadricep

0 watcher
Jun 2011
6:47pm, 7 Jun 2011
9,866 posts
  •  
Llamadance
Unfortunately I thought it wise to play football at school with a bunch of 14 yr olds for a couple of days. Hurt my right quad a bit, had a point pain which was achey and sore to press. Stupidly I kept playing until I took a penalty and got an agonising pain through my quad (scored it though ;) )

Anyway, it still hurts, though pain has subsided a bit. Bruising has appeared on lower inside and for about eight inches on outside of thigh. I can walk and flex the knee. The thigh may have been a bit bumpy post injury, but I couldn't really say that now, I have had compression shorts and a tubigrip on it for the last 5 days. (mmmm).

Any advice? Do I need to go see a GP?
Jun 2011
7:03pm, 7 Jun 2011
9,349 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Sounds painful.

Go see GP if he/she will refer you to a physio.
Ted
Jun 2011
7:03pm, 7 Jun 2011
9,497 posts
  •  
Ted
Well done on scoring the pen. How did you celebart? Or did the pain put paid to that?

Yes, go see a GP and tell them all about the pen too. ;-)
Jun 2011
7:06pm, 7 Jun 2011
9,867 posts
  •  
Llamadance
I screamed in a manly fashion, whilst hobbling and holding my leg :)

It was a shame, I was down to the last 3 in the competition.
Jun 2011
7:20pm, 7 Jun 2011
5,648 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I dud the same last September. I think I was out for 6 weeks, no running at all. I was trying to hit a drive from 25 yards forgetting that 5 years or running & virtually no football meant my quads just weren't up to it
Jun 2011
7:37pm, 7 Jun 2011
5,649 posts
  •  
Diogenes
...nor did I score
Jun 2011
8:17pm, 7 Jun 2011
9,868 posts
  •  
Llamadance
yeah, I found it hard to believe I was hurting myself by kicking a ball, I did it all the time as a kid, ffs. Ah well, injured step for a few weeks. Have also tweaked my SI joint/piriformis.

To compound my stupidity, after I did my right leg, I took a few penalties with my left. That quad started hurting too.
Ted
Jun 2011
8:23pm, 7 Jun 2011
9,498 posts
  •  
Ted
I currently have a tweaked SI joint too. I am allowed to cycle and only run slowly. It is literally a pain in the arse. :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Llamadance
Unfortunately I thought it wise to play football at school with a bunch of 14 yr olds for a couple o...