Simple Public Address system

2 watchers
Aug 2017
12:55pm, 27 Aug 2017
689 posts
  •  
Da Big Guy
Our parkrun start means the runners gather in a crowd about 5 yards wide and 40 yards long (we are in a forest)
We have a megaphone and stand a t one end (we can't stand at the side) but beyond 10 yards away it's hard to hear.
I'd like a simple public address system - like 3 speakers would do (to be mounted on trees).

It needs to be easily erectable and removable, maybe wireless but not essential.

Any advice on where to even look and what to look for please?
Aug 2017
1:19pm, 27 Aug 2017
18,554 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
What's your budget?
Aug 2017
1:29pm, 27 Aug 2017
11,715 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Edinburgh Parkrun have speakers at the start so maybe contact them. That said it seems to work well for playing the radio, but not when they speak
Aug 2017
1:35pm, 27 Aug 2017
18,555 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
There are usually plenty of recommendations on the parkrun event directors group on FB. Ours is a wheelable rechargeable thingy from Amazon - we paid about £170 for it I think. Use the Fetch link in the footer if you're shopping on Amazon ;-)
Aug 2017
8:25pm, 27 Aug 2017
690 posts
  •  
Da Big Guy
Thanks all. No budget as such. I'll take a look as you've indicated.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Da Big Guy
Our parkrun start means the runners gather in a crowd about 5 yards wide and 40 yards long (we are i...