Running watch for ultra run
4:38am, 16 May 2015
becky fCan any one recommend a good running watch with 15 hours plus battery life as I need one for an ultra in November. I have a garmin 620 but the battery life just isn't long enough
7:56am, 16 May 2015
WazelleGarmin 310XT. It says battery lasts 20 hours - does last at least 12
9:21am, 16 May 2015
RunningInCircles - Big Ones ;-)920xt, Fenix, Ambit. Check out DC Rainmaker.
Or ditch the watch. I was bothered by it in the past, but I've come to realise it doesn't really matter.
I carry a pack on an ultra, so an Etrex in a pocket is there if I really want it. AA batteries mean you can just swap them out and carry on if you are after recording.
Etrex 30 + open maps (free) is about half the price and will help with navigation if you need it at all.
About This ThreadMaintained by beck
Can any one recommend a good running watch with 15 hours plus battery life as I need one for an ultr...
- Hoka Highland Fling Ultramarathon 2014
- Long Eaton 50 Ultra
- Ultra Kazaaaaaahhhh ! Runs her 100th Marathon :)
- Iron Man vs Ultramarathon
- Blog post on the three West Highland Way Ultras
- The Croydon Ultra
- Two free entries for Sandstone Way Ultra
- Mid/long ultra newbie in 2015 - share your journey! :-)
- Ultra - Chest infection
- Ultra marathon ideas please ....
Annual Distance Targets
Set your run, bike, swim and walk goals and monitor your progress against your friends. Set your targets