Running, an Errand

5 watchers
Oct 2017
6:01pm, 4 Oct 2017
3,596 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Not really an errand but I went for a run while my husband was getting an operation. The hospital was nearly 40 miles away so I drove him there, then rather than sit about stressing I went for a lovely 6 miler by the river.
Oct 2017
11:50am, 5 Oct 2017
20,316 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
That sounds like a perfect solution Doric. A couple of times when my mum was in hosp earlier this year, I ran there through some woods and on the green bits of the hospital grounds.

This morning I ran on the cinder path in the work gardens, hiding my Keep Cup behind a bench, the down to the coffee van to get an espresso. (Short errand.)
Oct 2017
1:53pm, 5 Oct 2017
10,792 posts
  •  
Girlie
Many a time I've included the paper shop at the end of my run to get my newspaper. I've also delivered videotapes(how old am I!) to a friend's house and recently a 12 mile long run was 6 miles to the train station to pick up tickets and run home again.
Oct 2017
2:50pm, 5 Oct 2017
20,317 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Once a fortnight at work I get my running gear on at lunchtime and run to the shop that has trays of sushi only on fortnightly Fridays. If I walked there and back it would take an hour with no time for eating and showering.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
Ever run somewhere slightly unusual because you're a busy person and need to get the training i...