Removing dairy products from diet

8 watchers
Dec 2021
4:17pm, 29 Dec 2021
16,434 posts
  •  
Garfield
I've got some good 'cheese' recipes from a book called This cheese is nuts...and they're all made from nuts - almonds, cashews, macadamias. Cutting out dairy has made a huge difference to my lungs...far less phlegm.
Feb 2022
4:53pm, 21 Feb 2022
7,343 posts
  •  
Blister
Wow nearly 10 years after I last posted!

Glad to hear it's made a difference Garfield. As it turns out I still consume large amounts of dairy in the form of milk and chocolate! I still get lots of phlegm but I've never been disciplined enough to cut it out - apart from when I attempted the carnivore diet for a week just before the first lockdown!
Mar 2022
11:43am, 29 Mar 2022
41,878 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Has this topic come up previously? "Real" dairy products from non-animal sources? Precision fermentation from yeast to produce milk, effectively the same as cow's milk, but with no cow!

Would that still cause those who are lactose intolerant the same medical reactions?

But for those of us for whom it is an ethical consideration, it seems really good?

theveganreview.com

:-) G
Nov 2022
3:15pm, 18 Nov 2022
44,656 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Excited to report that I have bought, and now tasted and like, oat milk!

This is a big deal, because I'm a veggie who likes milk. It tasted nice on its own, in a hot chocolate or in a milkshake. It was Oatly Barista (I'm trying to find Glebe Farms version as I'm told Oatly is a global corporate and we're not supposed to love them, are we?)

So... butter and cheese. Any recommendations? :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Blister
I saw my GP yesterday about I problem I've had since my teens with producing a lot of mucus and cou...