Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Reassurance needed!! :)

1 watcher
Mar 2012
1:36pm, 13 Mar 2012
32 posts
Vicky W
NBQ - you did really, really well :-) I ran a 10k on Sunday and suffered from the heat. I reckon a half would have done me in.

Pacing is something that comes with experience - or so I'm told ;-)

Really well done (again!) and have fun at your next race in April. medal
Mar 2012
1:38pm, 13 Mar 2012
1753 posts
SpeedyMel
Well done NBQ! You did it and you finished it, and probably got some bling to take home to prove it! You don't get that on a training run no matter how fast it is! It's a race in the bag, and a nice time for you to improve upon. Think the 5k PB may have had something to do with it though........!! ;-)
Mar 2012
1:42pm, 13 Mar 2012
9977 posts
SODIron © 2002
NBQ - Firstly...a HUGE well done, you've done the HM and now matter what you look at it 13.1 miles is a LONG way. As for the time and being slower than training etc. I wouldn't stress too much, it could well be related to your VERY RECENT illness. I'm an asthmatic too and know that if I get any kind of cough/cold/bugs that my running reallt suffers.

Keep up the great work...I'm looking forward to hearing your progress :-)
Mar 2012
12:12pm, 16 Mar 2012
8 posts
Never Been Quicker
Well I've entered the Bristol Half now as well - HMs will not get the better of me! :)

Thanks for all your encouragement and support, good luck to anyone that has got races coming up! x

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Loumin
Hi everyone!

I've been training for a HM next Sunday but I haven't done any training for over ...