How important is a pre-half 10k for pacing?
10:34am, 28 Jan 2016
Daz LoveI agree that a longer run would be more beneficial.
I see 10k as a speedy workout that I'm pushing most of the way, a half dare I say is more enjoyable from a point that up its more controlled! It's normally to later that I am really digging in! Maybe I'm being conservative at the start!!
11:03am, 20 Jul 2016
DvorakHey, what happened to that HM, Fat Tulip? Looking at your training, I'm guessing you might have been injured?
2:35pm, 3 Feb 2017
Fat TulipJust seen this reply! I've been injured for over a year now, so missed out on all racing last year.
2:37pm, 3 Feb 2017
tonyp2604Personally - I use 10 miles as a sort of a benchmark type distance for pacing a half.
About This Thread
- 10K TO HALF MARATHON IN THREE WEEKS?
- Moving up from 10k to the half
- Mývatn marathon 2020 - with half, 10k and trail run options
- MILTON KEYNES FESTIVAL OF RUNNING
- silloth half 10k
- Great Scottish Run 10k & Half Marathon
- Leeds and Sheffield Courses
- Preston Guild 2012 Race Series - 5k, 10k, 10M & Half/Full Marathon
- Great Scottish Run Half Marathon and 10k
- How is racing 10k supposed to feel
Track Your Exercise Reps
Press ups, sit ups, dips, squats - track it all here
The Ultra League
See the longest runs, rides, swims and walks from any given year on Fetcheveryone
Use your credits to buy and sell runners to make a profit. And 14 Fetch Virtual Badges up for grabs. Just for fun!
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.