LIRF. what can and cant we do

8 watchers
Jan 2020
10:50am, 30 Jan 2020
4 posts
  •  
king
The limits of the course content is the bit I'm stuck on. As we briefly did a bit in a session but it's very vague. I suppose I am trying to find out exactly what the course content is
Jan 2020
10:52am, 30 Jan 2020
60,582 posts
  •  
swittle
Is this it?

englandathletics.org
Jan 2020
10:52am, 30 Jan 2020
60,583 posts
  •  
swittle
Ask the leader for a scheme of work.
Jan 2020
10:59am, 30 Jan 2020
5 posts
  •  
king
That is it yes. Although i am Welsh athletics. I'm currently waiting on a reply from them now to see what exactly the course content covers me for
Feb 2020
2:55pm, 2 Feb 2020
15,520 posts
  •  
jennywren
I’ve done the LiRF course and I’m pretty sure I’m only covered to lead a group on a risk assessed route, followed by some stretches. At least that’s what my running club (EA affiliated) takes it to mean. Anything more would require the CiRF qualification I think.
Feb 2020
4:42pm, 3 Feb 2020
14,590 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
We had a conversation about this with our support person at EA. On the one hand, technically a LiRF is not meant to coach - but they can deliver sessions planned by a coach. That said, EA recognise that 'a piece of paper does not a good coach make'. They were relatively relaxed about clubs choosing their coaches and encouraging them through the development EA offer as they go.
Feb 2020
5:09pm, 3 Feb 2020
29,103 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Like AL, we were told that LiRFs can deliver a coach-set session but I think not routinely without a coach being present. We only donit to cover a track session when work takes that coach out of town occasionally.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by king
I am a LIRF and have been taking session. These have been 5k 10k out and backs etc.
I also do hill ...