Injury- blind panic and despair-please help!
10:02pm, 1 Aug 2011
stonehanAm breathing a bit slower now, thank you
Pain is really muscular and not radiating down my leg so I was thinking piriformis, but I think now that a trip to a physio to be sure might be a good investment. Running is not just a hobby or a way of getting fit it's a lifeline especially during the school holidays.
Thank you so much, it is so nice not to feel alone!
10:05pm, 1 Aug 2011
JohnnyOIts a two day old injury. Unless you fancy your physio or have money to burn I would just rest.
Piriformis often describes a sciatica like syndrome where the damaged muscle causes nerve irritation and pain down the back of the leg.
You probably just have a torn/damaged muscle.
Brufen, ice, stretch.
11:43pm, 1 Aug 2011
About This Thread
Maintained by stonehan
- Left buttock to Glute strain
- Trochanteric bursitis or torn gluteus medius - What to do the second time it happens
- Calf Injury Paranoia and Hypochondria - advice needed please
- Big toe, possibly broken
- Pulling my Hair out
- Shin Splint Sanke Oil?
- Olecranon fracture anyone?
- Needle Roller
- Is it possible to have ITB issues on both sides?
- rib injury - is it broken?