Hip pain when I kneel :( Help!

1 watcher
May 2012
3:13pm, 18 May 2012
3,166 posts
  •  
she ran for cake
Dearest Fetchies. I will admit to having retired from running and became one who ran for cake. I stopped running thanks to achilles tendonitis and then lack of mojo and am now not exactly a mover and shaker. I've started to hideous pain in my right hip when I kneel and do a bit gardening, which is something I have only recently taken up.

Does anyone know what this could be and what I need to do?

Thank you, lovelies.
May 2012
5:51pm, 18 May 2012
3,167 posts
  •  
she ran for cake
Boing :) Symptom update: It's still a bit sore now.
May 2012
6:19pm, 18 May 2012
558 posts
  •  
lazydaisy
ITB problem? Hip bursitis? I'm no medic, but that's what the pain in my hips were due to. Hope you get it sorted, it was bloomin painful when I had it.
May 2012
8:38pm, 18 May 2012
3,168 posts
  •  
she ran for cake
Thanks lazydaisy - my anatomy knowledge isn't great. Was the bursitis with you all the time or flared up when you moved a certain way?
Am off to google both suggestions now.
May 2012
10:05pm, 18 May 2012
560 posts
  •  
lazydaisy
It was niggling away all the time, but was really really painful if I lay on that side in bed, and when I ran :-( It took about 6 physio sessions to sort it out ( does myofascial release sound right?) and now I stretch and foam roller it regularly. It isn't completely gone, but about 98% which is good enough for me!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Dearest Fetchies. I will admit to having retired from running and became one who ran for cake. I...