BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Leg Pain :(

1 watcher
Mar 2014
3:42pm, 19 Mar 2014
15595 posts
DeeGee
If I may be so bold, as I was once in your position and now have dealings with a fair number of beginners.

Most people when starting off running, even walk-running, start off way to fast, without realising it. they are also scared of running on anything that isn't tarmac.

If you're starting back, find a gentle off-road surface, which will slow you down and be easier on the legs. And keep the pace down to something really gentle.
Mar 2014
3:51pm, 19 Mar 2014
13 posts
somersetslob
Thanks DeeGee :) I know that previously I was running on just concrete and was probably going too fast - I'm physically fairly fit so it didn't feel hard, although I certainly paid for it!

I'm now just running on soft grass surface and am trying to go at a real plod, until my legs acclimatise.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I'd really appreciate some advice please. I've only just started running (I'm doing the couch to ...