High Viz or lights

7 watchers
Nov 2016
12:58pm, 17 Nov 2016
1,294 posts
  •  
larkim
Thanks Maz (though I do stand by my main point - hi vis is fine, but it's something of a last resort. First priority - your own hearing. Second priority - your own vision. Third priority - using your own common sense. Fourth priority - making sure you are visible)
Nov 2016
2:03pm, 17 Nov 2016
810 posts
  •  
Luiz
Old Croc - my hi viz jacket is only ever covered by a hi viz, highly reflective backpack. If I am ever knocked off my bike I wouldn't want to think it was something I could have avoided just by being more visible!
Nov 2016
2:06pm, 17 Nov 2016
4,536 posts
  •  
Red Ant
Like so many before me, another vote for the Decathlon chest light. It's brilliant! Plus reflective clothing...
Nov 2016
4:24pm, 17 Nov 2016
2,000 posts
  •  
KimCanRun
And yet another vote for the decathlon chest light here!
Nov 2016
4:44pm, 17 Nov 2016
17,148 posts
  •  
Meglet
+1 for the light.

I saw a cyclist last night with multiple red lights, helmet, backpack, arms, bike. It made him very visible. Plus if any fail he's still got plenty.

I agree with others, high viz/reflective plus lights. I don't always use lights at night when running, especially in a group on lit roads, but will dig out my flashing armbands for next time.
Nov 2016
2:01pm, 18 Nov 2016
5,934 posts
  •  
The_Saint
The problem with all rationalisations about not making yourself as visible as possible is that you can't rationalise away the result of being hit by a driver with the best of intentions simply not seeing you.
Proviz 360 is relatively expensive (although they have a 15% sale on right now which means that the vest provizsports.com would be about £30. I'm not trying to be a salesman for them but the "360" bit highlights the fact that you are covered in all directions.
Nov 2016
3:46pm, 18 Nov 2016
5,935 posts
  •  
The_Saint
A search on Google for reflective running jacket
gives a number of options such as mountainwarehouse.com
As does a similar EBay search ebay.co.uk

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by dbroms
After some opinions regarding running in the dark. Due to shifts and school run etc have to do some ...