Great South Run 2016

3 watchers
Oct 2016
12:22pm, 22 Oct 2016
1,670 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Oh that's awful LD. Haven't been on fetch lately so didn't see your post till now. Hope things are a lot better and you're able to run tomorrow. How are you now?

I'm in Southsea now. Arrived this morning. Staying with my Mum who lives opposite the Pyramids so very handy. Really hope you can make it tomorrow. Will you be in your Fetch top? I'll be in mine.

Yes, it can be a bit of a gale the last 2 miles Huntsman. Even on a mild day there always seems to be headwind of some kind. Good luck for tomorrow.
Oct 2016
3:51pm, 22 Oct 2016
4,399 posts
  •  
Huntsman
Thanks Pink.

Looks like the wind is forecast to come from the east which would mean the wind at our backs for the final 2 :-)
Oct 2016
7:36pm, 22 Oct 2016
1,672 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
That would be good. This is GSR number 6 for me and it's always been a head wind.

Thread is quiet this year, only three of us. Usually it's quite busy.
Oct 2016
9:28pm, 22 Oct 2016
16,244 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Hi PLB and Huntsman. I think the thigh will be fine, haven't run all week but I think I can remember what to do - it's just one foot in front of the other, right? ;-)
Not sure whether to wear my Fetch anniversary top or my club vest. The Fetch top is nicer but tighter and having just eaten burger and chips followed by rice pudding pig my club vest would be more forgiving!
Enjoy your racing tomorrow and look forward to that tailwind on the seafront!
Oct 2016
11:26pm, 22 Oct 2016
1,673 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Good luck LazyDaisy glad you can make it tomorrow. Hope it goes well. May catch you at some point tomorrow :-) You too Huntsman :-)
Oct 2016
11:38pm, 22 Oct 2016
4,404 posts
  •  
Huntsman
Good luck all :-)
Oct 2016
7:43pm, 23 Oct 2016
4,409 posts
  •  
Huntsman
Downwind or headwind the final 2 miles hurt. Big PB today and enjoyed the big occasion :-)
Oct 2016
9:16pm, 23 Oct 2016
16,248 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
You ran a great time Huntsman, congratulations!

I was ok until mile 7 then really started to flag. Just managed to keep it going because I was determined to keep my time below 1:40. Didn't feel much benefit from the alleged tailwind along the seafront though!

How did you get on Pink?
Oct 2016
10:02pm, 23 Oct 2016
1,674 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Well done huntsman congratulations on the PB.

Well done too LazyDaisy it wasn't an easy race for you.

I got on ok thanks. Knew I had no chance of a PB today for various reasons, particularly not being able to get the training in. Had a great time today though as usual. Didn't notice any kind of wind the last 2 miles. First time ever.

Found it quite crowded this year and got stuck behind crowds of people on quite a number of occasions. Didn't mind too much though as wasn't aiming for a PB. Did anyone else find that too this year?

Well done again to you both. Hopefully I'll be trained enough to go for a PB next year. Love this race :-)
Oct 2016
10:03pm, 23 Oct 2016
4,412 posts
  •  
Huntsman
LazyDaisy there was a tailwind for the last 2 but miles 5-8 were tough into the headwind. I was really holding on for the last 1/2 mile.

About This Thread

Maintained by Pinkliverbird
Is there a thread for this already in existence? I can't seem to find one so thought I'd create on...