Get your sequins on, it was Strictly 2022, now it's 2023!

60 watchers
16 Jan
2:24pm, 16 Jan 2024
6,174 posts
  •  
TheScribbler
Yes, I'm going to the tour in Newcastle on 25th January. Very much looking forward to seeing Angela Scanlon, Krishnan and Layton and the whole production
10 Feb
10:13am, 10 Feb 2024
10,188 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Did you enjoy the show, Scribbler? Went to the O2 last night and it was brilliant. I think there were a few more people there than when we went last year. We were in the second row so had a fantastic view.

Angela R was fit enough to take part and it was good that six non-partnered pros were also in the show. Layton won last night. He was very good and the public seem to have no qualms about backing him in a relaxed format although, quite rightly, not in the show proper.

The judges had their usual personalised banter which was hilarious. Can't help but wonder whether the judges comments and jokes are the same for each show on the tour.
10 Feb
11:32am, 10 Feb 2024
6,196 posts
  •  
TheScribbler
I had a great time at the show in Newcastle! I thought the same about the judges remarks too.

Angela R spoke about her grandfather who has worked at the steel works in Consett which was a surprise.

Bobby and Dianne won - they had so much energy! Layton and Nikita got a great reception. It was noticeable that Layton danced with the professionals throughout the Barbie number, while the other celebrities went to the back.

It was great to see other dancers like Nancy XU and Nadiya on the floor too. I loved watching Jowita dance with Krishnan too.
20 Feb
8:15am, 20 Feb 2024
12,015 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
bbc.co.uk :(
20 Feb
8:51am, 20 Feb 2024
74,120 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Wow that's sad :-(
20 Feb
9:28am, 20 Feb 2024
10,216 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I was so shocked to hear about Robin's passing. Do we know the cause as he was only 44?
20 Feb
10:49am, 20 Feb 2024
39,685 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Nothing in the news report I read. Whatever, 44 is horrendously young. Very sad news.
20 Feb
10:51am, 20 Feb 2024
10,217 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
My daughter often searches YouTube for his version of Think with Lisa Riley. A really fun dance which characterised his personality.
25 Feb
12:01pm, 25 Feb 2024
24,417 posts
  •  
Meglet
Youngest daughter goes to Loughborough uni and is a dancer. They run a big inter-uni dance comp over a weekend, and have pro judges (not ballroom, mostly ballet, tap, modern, but they also have hip hop and Latin categories). They’ve got Karen Hauer for both days, how brilliant! (Along with some other dancers/performers I don’t know) The last two years they had Nikita and Graziano respectively.
25 Feb
1:12pm, 25 Feb 2024
15,897 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Wow that's cool Meglet!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by minardi
The class of 2023 (which is a big fat WHO? for most!):-
Angela Rippon
Zara McDermott
Angela Scanlon
Eddi Kadi
Nikita Kanda
Adam Thomas
Bobby Brazier
Jody Cundy
Ellie Leach