garmin stuff

2 watchers
Mar 2013
1:25pm, 12 Mar 2013
12,591 posts
  •  
Stander
Love my 610. Don't use HRM though so can't comment on that.
Mar 2013
11:06am, 13 Mar 2013
2,055 posts
  •  
zimmerframe
:) Tav,
Jul 2013
10:45pm, 17 Jul 2013
34 posts
  •  
barryparker
All,

Just a quick note on Garmin 610 for any users.

I've had my 610 for about 16 months. Last few months the back started to corrode and a blue residue was being left on my wrist. It finally came to a head about 2 months ago when it was actually starting to cut my wrist as it was so rough where it had corroded.

Anyway, I got in touch with Garmin even though it was out of warranty to see what they said.

Responses were slow coming back (about 10 days for each email response) however they actually agreed to replace it free of charge with a refurbished one without any pushback. Refurbished one basically means an unwanted returned one as it is brand new as far as I can work out.

I've now got my new one and I can see they have changed the back on this updated model and the back is now a combination of metal and plastic - which not only looks like it should solve this problem but also has the advantage of making it lighter.

Thought I'd post it on here in case anyone else is having similar issues to let you know to get in touch with Garmin!

Baz

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by zimmerframe
hi , thinking of treating myself to the new forerunner 610 with HRM, does anyone have one and if so ...