We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

For any speedy 5k runners

2 watchers
Aug 2013
9:21pm, 29 Aug 2013
1115 posts
  •  
  •  
MudMeanderer
A bit of shameless promotion on behalf of a friend, largely because I'd like to watch some quick athletes battle it out.

I am looking for 'speedy' men and ladies who can run sub-17 mins (men) and sub-19 mins (ladies) to take part in 2 'invitational' 5k races at Leeds Met Carnegie on Sat 7th September (6 - 7pm) as part of the Leeds Golden Mile Event.

Entry is £6 and there will be modest cash prizes on offer!

Please feel free to share this with anyone who may be interested. Applications or enquiries to m.s.hetherington@leeds.ac.uk
Aug 2013
10:45pm, 29 Aug 2013
241 posts
  •  
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
Is there a list of who's already running? That's the best way to get momentum about these things.

Also, is it flat?

I could ask your mate by email but I'd assume other people will have the same questions?
Aug 2013
10:46pm, 29 Aug 2013
242 posts
  •  
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
Okay, just seen its a track race...
Aug 2013
12:38pm, 30 Aug 2013
1116 posts
  •  
  •  
MudMeanderer
Cheers for the suggestion. I'll see if I can find out who's down so far

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MudMeanderer
A bit of shameless promotion on behalf of a friend, largely because I'd like to watch some quick at...

Fetch Limited Edition Buffs

Order now for immediate dispatch! Our elves are standing by!

The Fetch Book Store

With your help, we're building a collection of all your favourite running, biking, swimming and walking books.

Annual Training mileage

Take a look at our annual training mileage table to find out how your training volume compares for running, cycling, swimming and walking. Filter by age and gender too.

The Breakfast Club!

Where's your favourite place to refuel your face after a run, or midway through a ride? Add your favourite cafes, cake shops and bakeries to our Points Of Interest map