Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Flexibility advice

3 watchers
Feb 2012
10:10pm, 27 Feb 2012
319 posts
Brian G
Well - my flexibility is truly shocking.

Looking for some pointers in what people in the land of Fetch do to improve this. Wondered if anyone can recommend any video clips from youtube/vimeo and the like that show short flexibility routines that I could try and following on a daily (ish) basis. Or if not video clips any suggested routines / workouts that I can follow.

There are 2 reasons that have promoted me to actually want to start a flexibility regeme - 1) to improve my running and 2) My physio said my flexibility was really very poor and that I needed to sort it out or could have problems later in life!! (visit to physio for calf problems - that for the moment seem to be resolved).

many thanks :-)
Feb 2012
8:06am, 28 Feb 2012
149 posts
rosab123
amazon.co.uk

Simple moves that really help - the beginner's 10 minute miracle every morning and after runs helps me no end.

Not an expert though, others may have better advice
Feb 2012
8:09am, 28 Feb 2012
150 posts
rosab123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDD95mqpbyk&feature=related

if you can find this with out the Russian translation over the top or watch with the sound off?
Feb 2012
8:41am, 28 Feb 2012
724 posts
WobblingTime
You could give yoga a try.
Feb 2012
8:43am, 28 Feb 2012
9945 posts
SODIron © 2002
*lurks with interest*
Feb 2012
9:01am, 28 Feb 2012
1411 posts
Garfield
For more yoga, there is also yogamazing...he does free podcasts on iTunes. They are video ones and really good too. Occasionally he has a yoga for runners one...I've seen a couple over the last few years.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Brian G
Well - my flexibility is truly shocking.

Looking for some pointers in what people in the land of ...