Problems uploading from Garmin Edge 800

2 watchers
May 2012
6:50pm, 20 May 2012
314 posts
  •  
Pale Skinny Vegan
I've got a new Garmin Edge 800 and can't upload from it.
If I try to import from Garmin, I get the "Trying to find your Garmin" message for a few seconds, then "Found 2 devices, please choose your Garmin..." with a drop down box with "Edge 800" and a number followed b (F:\) as the two options.
Whichever option I select, nothing happens.

When I plug the Garmin in to the PC via it's USB cable, it shows up as two separate remote drives, E: & F:, I think the PC is reading the unit it's self and the internal memory card as separate items.

I can't upload today's ride as a GPX or TCX file either, as it was a bit of an epic and is over the 3Kb limit.

Any ideas on how to get round this ?
May 2012
6:54pm, 20 May 2012
12,943 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
You need to use the 'import fit file option'.
Navigate to where the file is stored, mine is actually on the garmin under my computer.
May 2012
7:04pm, 20 May 2012
315 posts
  •  
Pale Skinny Vegan
Thanks, I just found that. I had a look at the FAQ and it mentions "Newer Garmins" so I guessed that would include my 800.
Like you say, it treats the Garmin as a remote drive and the .fit files are under activities on E:
Oct 2012
11:51am, 24 Oct 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
ReplicaSportsman
I know this is an older thread, but does anyone know if their are plans to add the Edge 800 to the Garmin import functionality? It allows you to use the Garmin Communicator plugin on the garmin connect site wihtout having to faff arround with individual files.

It's a bit of a pain when you need to upload multiple activities in one go... C
Jun 2013
7:49pm, 6 Jun 2013
837 posts
  •  
Pricey_
bumping this really old thread. tweetered Mr Fetch about it the other day and he mentioned he'd tweaked something. Still not working for me though
Jun 2013
8:25pm, 6 Jun 2013
18,611 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
I asked that question and the definitive answer is "not yet"

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Pale Skinny Vegan
I've got a new Garmin Edge 800 and can't upload from it.
If I try to import from Garmin, I get th...