Try a tri and dulathlon help please

1 watcher
Feb 2012
7:41pm, 15 Feb 2012
7,467 posts
  •  
pinkladykat
Looking for a little help 2 weeks a go I did a dulathlon the next race is march 14 so what I need help with is in may I'm goings o do a try a tri so what I need help with is a plan how do I train for both I'm a slow running would like to work on this getting faster I'm biking up to 12 miles at the moment and I need to get in the pool free styl swim is yeah poor I use to swim loads when I was younger even coached.

At the moment I do one day run one day bike on and off then sat do a brick of bike and run . What is the best way to still keep training for the race in march and still trying to get a better time for the dul and to also start to train for the tri I have looked at some training stuff but there no brick in them till later on in the program and I don't want to lose out on getting the legs right for march. Please help
Feb 2012
9:14am, 16 Feb 2012
13,120 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Boing
Feb 2012
4:18pm, 16 Feb 2012
7,471 posts
  •  
pinkladykat
No one out there
Feb 2012
4:48pm, 16 Feb 2012
6,904 posts
  •  
Slowboy
Firstly - for a pool-based tri-a-tri do't worry about swimming freestyle. Loads of people just breaststroke it. I did.

Secondly - again, for this level - you don't really need to worry much about brick session. Just do a few times when you run immediately after getting off the bike - doesn't have to be far, a mile or so is fine. It gets you used to the wierd wobbly-legged feeling, and reassures you that it does go away eventually... if you're already doing one brick session per week that's more than enough.

Swimming - to be honest, just get to the pool as and when you can as often as you can. It's different enough (in terms of the effort involved) that you can run or bike on the same day as a swim session if you are struggling to fit everything in.

Struggling to fit training in is pretty much a definition of triathlon.... :-)
Feb 2012
4:48pm, 16 Feb 2012
1,480 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Cos we're all over here ;-) : http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=18301
Come on in, the water's lovely!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by pinkladykat
Looking for a little help 2 weeks a go I did a dulathlon the next race is march 14 so what I need he...