Tech genius help needed - iPod shuffle vs latest iTunes and Windows 10

1 watcher
Jul 2020
9:15pm, 28 Jul 2020
45,431 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Hello Fetchies :-)

I have an iPod Shuffle that I was given for Christmas and am hoping to use it for an upcoming race.
I also have iTunes full of a wonderful playlist I have collated for said race.

However, I can't get the music from iTunes onto the Shuffle using my laptop (PC not Mac).
My laptop and iTunes don't even acknowledge that I have a device plugged in. Have tried other my work laptop, too, and both USB ports on my own laptop.

Lots of Googling tells me the latest version of iTunes does not support the Shuffle and also Windows 10 does not support the Shuffle.

Has anyone managed to find a workaround for this?
I've got a long way to run and would like some cheesy, crappy music to get me through it.

Please and thank you :-)
Jul 2020
10:05pm, 28 Jul 2020
226 posts
  •  
ZenTaoPlurp
You have fmail.
Jul 2020
10:21pm, 28 Jul 2020
45,432 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Thank you :-)
Aug 2020
12:20am, 3 Aug 2020
458 posts
  •  
icenutter
Starting with the basics; does it charge and turn on?
Aug 2020
12:28am, 3 Aug 2020
325 posts
  •  
Blue Buxton
If a shuffle’s anything like a nano, then you can only transfer paid for/bought music or MP3s and not stuff you’ve added using Apple Music.
Hope that makes sense and good luck 🤞🏻
Aug 2020
6:32am, 3 Aug 2020
45,453 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Thanks for your help, folks!

Despite trying everything (and there was a lot) suggested on fmail by ZenTaoPurp, I still couldn't get either my laptop (or my work laptop) or iTunes to recognise the Shuffle.

In the end I got hold of my son's old iPod Touch and managed to transfer my playlist onto that.

So a fail but still a win :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Hello Fetchies :-)

I have an iPod Shuffle that I was given for Christmas and am hoping to use it ...