Self Transcendence 10M

1 watcher
Aug 2012
12:27am, 6 Aug 2012
13,904 posts
  •  
Night-owl
If i get my act together as i need a 10 miler for UTMOST and this is the closest even if it is on so early. Whats the best station tube/train (coming from Essex) station to get to the start

ta very muchly
Aug 2012
12:49pm, 6 Aug 2012
13,905 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Anybody?
Aug 2012
7:01pm, 7 Aug 2012
3 posts
  •  
babyhermes
The nearest train station though are Battersea Park and Queentown Road literally 5min walk away from race hq. Queenstown Road is served by South west trains and Battersea Park by Southern so I suppose that will be more relevant coming from Essex. Or if you're going by a different operator you can change at Clapham Junction for these stations too, that itself isn't even too far away but I'd guess you'd want to save most of your energy for the race rather than cycling there or whatnot.

Hoping to do this 10 miler for first time too...so early though, that is annoying
Aug 2012
7:13pm, 7 Aug 2012
862 posts
  •  
Curly45
Clapham junction is about 1.4 miles away I usually go from there or Victoria which is about 2.5 miles - depends on how much warm-up you want ;)

These are good races, fast, flat and well organised! Enjoy :)
Aug 2012
4:06pm, 9 Aug 2012
13,906 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Thanks for the replies. Sorry late in replying due to no laptop and badly frayed adapter Got new one now

babyhermes iknow its so early gus i have to look at train tims to see how much time i have to spare but guess as i'm barely up to10 miles in training Best of luck to you in the rae
Curly cheers likewise have to see how early i can ctually get into London to decide which option to pick
Sep 2012
12:59pm, 9 Sep 2012
13,965 posts
  •  
Night-owl
I totally forgot about this ... could of sworn it was later in the month. Ho hem Next month then

How did everyone else do?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Night-owl
If i get my act together as i need a 10 miler for UTMOST and this is the closest even if it is on so...