•  
Bowman
Did it work? :)
Nov 2021
3:13pm, 4 Nov 2021
1,250 posts
  •  
Spideog
Several years of getting pushed around parkrun in a buggy and the kid isn't interested in the slightest in running themselves. They will do junior events if I refuse to go around with them, despite them protesting that they want company. If on their own they quite happily trot around just in front of the tail marshal and have a chat, I then pass them a drink of water part way round and they carry on to the finish delighted with themselves.

If I go round with them because they want the company, they actually end up refusing after about 100m. Or if we go to an event that their school friends are at then most of the time they have a meltdown after 100m again because everyone ran away already, even though they will happily walk around at the tail at any other event.
Nov 2021
12:38pm, 8 Nov 2021
438 posts
  •  
Bowman
My son still keeps at it :)
Yesterday i asked if he wanted to tag along. He said he wasn't up for it, but he would do it anyway cus that's what you do, naaaaaw, that's my boy.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Anyone running with small kids?
I have a 7 year old who likes it.
Today we tried 5k and it went fine.
I guess slow and steady and keeping it fun and will keep him interested.

Any other experiences and tips?