Solo running.

8 watchers
Nov 2021
12:44pm, 7 Nov 2021
32,675 posts
  •  
Sushi.
I've concluded that if I wanted to run with other people I'd have made it happen before now. Happy with my own pace and my surroundings.

And when you do run with someone V'rap you get them lost as well as yourself 🤣😉
Nov 2021
1:00pm, 7 Nov 2021
54,797 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
That's another reason why it's safer for me to run on my own, Sushi muppet Not everyone would be quite as calm as you were about random navigational decisions.
Nov 2021
2:57pm, 7 Nov 2021
32,677 posts
  •  
Sushi.
Ah it was fine Vrap.

So long as there's good company anything can be sorted. On this case the company wasn't good it was top quality.

Besides if you never go off plan you never make discoveries like that great little post office-cafe-shop we ended up in.
Nov 2021
9:05pm, 7 Nov 2021
16,236 posts
  •  
Garfield
I enjoy running by myself as a meditative experience...focus on breathing and footsteps. I sometimes listen to audiobooks if I need a distraction, usually with only one earbud in or with bone conducting headphones if I remember to charge them up!
Nov 2021
9:16pm, 7 Nov 2021
32,700 posts
  •  
Sushi.
I mostly run alone.

Exercise is an essential part of managing my long term mental health problems and running seems to give me the biggest boost as well as being the easiest to access.

I do enjoy occasional social runs too with friends.

I tried a running club briefly but it really didn’t suit. I never really felt part of it. My shifts make it hard to commit to anything at a regular time which didn’t help plus I found it quite elitist.

I love getting up in the hills and losing myself in the rhythm of my running and the views.
Nov 2021
11:13pm, 7 Nov 2021
3 posts
  •  
Mario.
Cheers guys lots of good advice.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mario.
Hi all. have always ran with a group and with buddies. Recently been struggling as they rest of group are much faster than me and I feel bad slowing them down or everyone is busy when I want to run.

What’s the best way to tackle solo running