Running styles

1 watcher
Aug 2011
3:37pm, 23 Aug 2011
First-time poster!!
  •  
crouchie999
Just had a gait analysis done because my left ITB has been giving me grief for weeks now, and I've started getting pain in the front of my right foot over the last three weeks. I'm falling to bits! After watching my running style, the assistant wasn't too sure what footwear to recommend, or if the injuries were caused by my running. I need help!

My running style looks like I strike the outside of each heel, and take off on the toes, but my feet point out to the sides. Not as excessive as a penguin walk but quite noticeable. My heel to Achillies is fairly straight and it doesn't look like much rolling going on. Could the feet pointing be the problem, and if so how do I fix it?
Aug 2011
3:48pm, 23 Aug 2011
20,658 posts
  •  
cabletow
Look higher up - What are your knees like - serious question ......

Can you post a video of your running side on

If ITB is a problem - it is likley the weakness is in the pelvis stabilisers and a straight knee landing, which it this also means you are actively dorsiflexing your foot will also stress the extensor tendons on the top of your foot
Aug 2011
5:26pm, 23 Aug 2011
2 posts
  •  
crouchie999
Cabletow, I can't post a video, and unfortunately it was only focusing on the feet. After a sports massage a few months ago, I was told my Vastus Lateralis was extremely tight and pushing on the ITB before I even start running. I've been using foam roller exercises for this but the pain keeps coming back.

I'll get my better half to watch my running, once I'm back from hols in a week, and get back to you. What should I be looking for with my knees?
Aug 2011
5:27pm, 23 Aug 2011
20,659 posts
  •  
cabletow
get her to video you with her mobile phone and load it to you tube and tell us the url
Aug 2011
9:03pm, 23 Aug 2011
3 posts
  •  
crouchie999
Will do. I'm back on the 3rd Sept. Cheers.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by crouchie999
Just had a gait analysis done because my left ITB has been giving me grief for weeks now, and I've ...