RIP Sir Nicholas Parsons

2 watchers
Jan 2020
7:23am, 29 Jan 2020
10,195 posts
  •  
larkim
Death always sad, and clearly he was a lovely chap, but thank the lord I may never have to listen to JAM again. Tedious, repetitive, self congratulatory rubbish. Perhaps I should just post on the "things other people love.. " thread.
Jan 2020
8:39am, 29 Jan 2020
34,021 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Larks, it's good when you get a Paul Merton flight of fancy monologue. And folk tripping over words is always funny. With good comedians, they can use any format as a vehicle for mirth. It still works, to my thinking. :-) G
Jan 2020
9:27am, 29 Jan 2020
10,197 posts
  •  
larkim
I've tried to enjoy it. In fact I probably did enjoy the first couple I heard.

My wife and kids enjoy it though, so I'm often subjected to it on car journeys when my better half has got a few R4 podcasts downloaded.

Perhaps I'm just turning into a grumpy old man.
Jan 2020
11:45am, 29 Jan 2020
60,562 posts
  •  
swittle
Oh, I know legions of grumpy old men - and women too - who enjoy the 'national treasure' status JAM enjoys, larkim!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Zorba
74 years in show business , without hesitation , repetition or deviation from the subject....