Query about training log display

1 watcher
Oct 2021
8:55am, 11 Oct 2021
1,856 posts
  •  
auburnette
Before I suggest it as a feature does anyone know if there's a way of displaying what *average* mileage per week is over a defined period of time?
Oct 2021
8:57am, 11 Oct 2021
26,608 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
How about the rolling total graphs on the main training page? They effectively show you your average weekly mileage on any given day, using the last N weeks to derive that average.
Oct 2021
9:22am, 11 Oct 2021
1,857 posts
  •  
auburnette
That might do it, just need to test my reading of the rolling graphs!

Looking at my most recent marathon cycle using the rolling tool I can see the highest average for that block was 35.3 miles and after taper it's 29.2 miles. Comparing to 2020 cycle (where I peaked at a higher mileage but also had some weeks with little running due to niggles/life etc) I see a highest average of 33.4 and 28.2 after taper immediately before marathon day.

If I understand that correctly is it telling me that 29.2 or 28.2 is the average mileage for the whole block (including taper but excluding the race itself which I didn't include)? If so that's the information I'm looking for, just want to check I'm using the rolling graphs properly 😃
Oct 2021
12:07pm, 11 Oct 2021
26,610 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
That all sounds right - although I'm confused by the '29.2 or 28.2' bit.
Oct 2021
2:09pm, 11 Oct 2021
1,858 posts
  •  
auburnette
Ah that's just because I'm comparing across two blocks of training - 29.2 seems to be this year's average and 28.2 last year's. Which is an interesting insight because last year's block peaked higher but was more inconsistent. Interesting to see that they both worked out about the same.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by auburnette
Before I suggest it as a feature does anyone know if there's a way of displaying what *average* mileage per week is over a defined period of time?