Not recovering from exercise

5 watchers
Sep 2020
10:46am, 17 Sep 2020
327 posts
  •  
Shades
I know you probably appreciate one hour's peace but maybe have your lunch early then nap straight after if possible. Even a short nap can help.
Sep 2020
4:53pm, 17 Sep 2020
17,783 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I would have said more sleep and more protein - but they beat me to it. it's really hard with a littl'un and a job on your feet. Don't push yourself too hard, you'll get longer lie-ins soon when H can entertain himself for a little while in the mornings he won't wake you so early

(she says - one of mine took a LONG while to get past the stage of demanding attention at 5.30AM )
Sep 2020
5:21pm, 17 Sep 2020
12,772 posts
  •  
early bird
Yup another person advocating enough sleep here but also as a peri menopausal woman don't under estimate the effect of hormones. I have have at least a week sometimes up to two weeks a month now where I am just totally wiped out and I only do half as much exercise as you (crossfit four times a week)
As I'm doing weights I also try and keep my protein quite high (35-40%) of my daily calories. I'm sure you are eating plenty or you couldn't exercise that much so might be worth tracking protein as that is what helps muscle repair.
Sep 2020
5:53pm, 17 Sep 2020
9,496 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Thanks everyone. I knew I would hit the menopause early (I’m 39) and definitely in the first stages so hormones might have something to do with it EB. I’m pretty sure I can’t take HRT but I’ll bother the NHS at a later date when they are less busy!

I’ll try and up my protein, I don’t count anything at all but if I had to guess, I think I eat somewhere 2000-2300 calories a day but that really is a guess, and 35% is more likely to be chocolate than protein 🤣🤣 so probably should try rectify that!!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gymfreak
I used to be an Uber exerciser and train a lot twice a day and very long things at weekends.

The...