New Forest 10 - calling all Fetchies

13 watchers
Jul 2011
7:16pm, 10 Jul 2011
1,118 posts
  •  
adrianb1066
Forgot to mention I saw HarryB who gave me his place - top work fella :-)
Jul 2011
7:36pm, 10 Jul 2011
249 posts
  •  
Removed
[Removed by moderator]
roz
Jul 2011
7:48pm, 10 Jul 2011
582 posts
  •  
roz
Yes, it was Jock Itch, he is so fast I think he finished running it before it started. Can't imagine being able to run that speed for a mile. Just in awe, completely.
Jul 2011
7:53pm, 10 Jul 2011
250 posts
  •  
Removed
[Removed by moderator]
Jul 2011
8:50pm, 10 Jul 2011
2,036 posts
  •  
Excitabubble
Hello Everyone, It was lovely to meet Fetchies that I haven't met before :-) Everyone ran so well, congratulations.

I will be back to run it again as the course was lovely and hopefully we'll have more people camping next time. We will have to make sure to put a shout out about it, because there were so many of us camping in the same field and not knowing who was a Fetchie until later after the race.

Recover well everyone :-)
Jul 2011
8:50pm, 10 Jul 2011
3,159 posts
  •  
CornishEva
A great race! A very sore back for all of it - silly camping - spent a lot of the race stopping to stretch it out, but I did enjoy it.

the charging horses were definitely dramatic though!
Jul 2011
8:54pm, 10 Jul 2011
350 posts
  •  
icklevee
Everyone was so so right. This was such a great race. I loved it, the scenary, those running horses (where I did start swearing as didn't no whether to stop or run faster), the lovely fluffy highland cow (nearly went to pet him he was so close), the fantastic marshalls who were so encouraging as were many of the general public. The bit where the St Johns & marshalls were, were so loud & gave me a great boost too.

It was also a plus wearing my Fetch vest for a first time at a race, and having fellow Fetchies giving me encouragment (sorry I don't know who you all are but thank you...............one had a blue vest/t-shirt on)

I loved getting the opportunity to meet so many Fetchies (with CC7) at the start & finish - K8, Corona, Excita Bubble, Roz, Cornish Eva, Ambling Andrew plus the ones whose names I didn't get. Apologies for hugging you Cornish Eva but was so happy as just ran a fantastic race with a great time & was on a bit of a high.

Well done everyone today - pb or otherwise :-D
Jul 2011
9:19pm, 10 Jul 2011
First-time poster!!
  •  
twiglet_legs
I just wanted to say well done everyone and thank you for your comments. I helped marshal this race - my club host the event (I was at 0.5 and 9.5 miles, on the turn by the gate near the end) with my bloke and we applauded each and every one of you (sore, red hands now). Our club ran this the night before, 94 of us, to ensure things would run like clockwork. Hopefully it did. You are all truly amazing. The fastest time was 54:57 - truly awesome.
Jul 2011
9:24pm, 10 Jul 2011
354 posts
  •  
icklevee
Thank you so much Twiglet - I certainly remember you at 9.5 at the gatesaying "less than half a mile to go". Your guys & gals were brilliant. Really vocal & genuine. Thank you :-)
Jul 2011
9:28pm, 10 Jul 2011
2 posts
  •  
twiglet_legs
Icklevee, it's because we're runners too and we understand your pain!

About This Thread

Maintained by icklevee
Race list is currently showing 45 Fetchies doing the NF10.

This is a first for me at New Forest....